Thursday, January 3, 2008

Buckhorn Grill

By Aaris A. Schroeder
Dec. 17, 2007

Buckhorn Grill is created for people on the go as you order up front and grab your own soda or tea and sit down at a table while your food is prepared and cooked for you. Buckhorn offers food choices for vegetarians, chicken-lovers and grilled-steak fans.

Tri-tip is the specialty at Buckhorn Grill yet when I stepped into the elongated restaurant that has a view of the chefs mixing and cooking up flavorful salads, entrees and sandwiches I sat at the bar and ordered a Yik Yak Salad. It came in a fresh, spinach flavored tortilla filled with crisp salad greens, jicama and snow peas, all mixed with this sweet and tangy Asian-inspired sesame dressing and finally topped with toasted almonds.

This salad is a great treat for those watching their weight since the tortilla isn’t fried or if you are a vegetarian. It is also the most popular salad entre choice. The secret, says Mike, manager of Buckhorn Grill is that you wrap the salad up in the tortilla and eat it as a veggie-wrap. If Buckhorn sounds like a tasty treat, stop by for lunch – it is fast, flavorful and offers a variety of food choices all in a fun-neighborhood grill-like setting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, since I wrote this review I was employed as a shift manager at Buckhorn Grill in Midtown/Sacramento, CA. As excited as the management team was to hire me they quickly extinguished my employment about a month later.

I would advise everyone to not work there unless you have a lump of coal up your butt that is about ready to spin into a diamond. I only say this because the G.M. at Buckhorn is too pussy to come out of the closet and has issues. He is an anal perfectionist that can not do no wrong and expects you to be perfect from day one.

Just a little heads up, the duration of my employment was attributed to the letting go of who I replaced as well as a couple other people. Once I left a few more did as well.

The management is more about being sticklers about money than understanding their employees and where they are.

Done ranting!!